Sunday, September 6, 2020

Easy Saturday

John wanted to swim Saturday. I slept in. You have to remember that John is almost always late so he gets more sleep than me. Not only that, but he always fails to show up at least one morning. He will tell me afterwards that he just was too worn out and had to rest. Not only all of that, but he can go home after swimming and go back to bed. I have to go to work. Of course he says he never does, that he can't, but I have called later in the morning and awaken him many times.

My point is that if John came on time and came every morning then he would not be pestering me to swim on Saturday. Like me, he would need the rest and welcome it.

I studied. I drank coffee. I wrote a blog post. I hung out with cats. I even took a nap, went back to sleep. The rest was needed.

I did take a short run. I shuffled to the Yazoo River Trail and ran around down there. While on the trail, I heard a boat approaching. I stopped and watched an old man check a hoop net just below me. He never saw me there. I used to do that, but in our move, I sold my nets and put the cash into my gym fund. Yee Haa. One day I am going to upgrade Plate City again.

I rested, took a nap, and watched reruns of college football most of the afternoon. Then I went to Plate City and did my second push workout of the week. I benched

15 X 100
12 X 120
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  3 X 140

I did some other stuff then in the gym and even mowed the back yard. After all of that, I went inside for the night. That capped off a good week of training. Chicot is coming up. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment