Wednesday, September 16, 2020

In Trouble

 I slept in Monday morning. Dude, with a doubled workload, I am strictly in survival mode. After work, I did a version of my 5K Special. A say a version because I did not do the squats beforehand. Saturday is the 300 Oaks. I need to be fresh for that. So I am doing the hard stuff early in the week and will taper towards the weekend. That means I ran and then instead of doing the light leg work, I did the heavy sets.

Also, I adjusted the intervals a bit. I warmed up a small amount while I shuffled to the river trail. I did not go into the woods, but stayed on the paved trail. As soon as I hit it, a mere .28 into the run, I started my older Garmin and did my first interval, .26 of a mile at a 8:44 pace. Once that was a slow training pace, but now for me that is blazing fast. Will I ever get back to a decent pace?

I did five .25s (the first was .26) and one .15 and then shuffled home for a 3.33 mile effort. Then I did my heavy leg workout at Plate City. I performed box squats but used the weights and set I did last week. This time, however, I upped the reps on the first two sets, and added a single set of one rep at the end with an additional five pounds. That is progression. I will do two reps next week on the final set. That is ______, you guessed it, progression.

So I ran and lifted lower body but did no swimming. Chicot is coming up and I am just going through the motions, and fewer motions each week. I'm in trouble but it is what it is. Thank you, Jesus, that I can be in trouble. "A living dog is better than a dead lion" (Ecclesiastes 9:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment