Wednesday, September 30, 2020

After Chicot Two

Since Chicot beat me up, I have been taking it easy in the pool. Tuesday morning I swam a mere 1,450 yards, up 50 whole yards from Monday. John didn't show. That is after he lobbied me to get there earlier. I felt better than Monday, but my pace is still really slow. Who cares?

Tuesday is a long day at work. I teach four straight classes with no lunch break. Then I have to keep office hours. That's when I eat. After that, I go home and change clothes. You know what comes next. On the road, I did 5.29 miles. The shift has begun. Now that the swim is over, I plan to focus on running\, to build my weekly mileage and do some fun runs, some adventure running, maybe some journey runs.

After the roadwork, I went to Plate City. I blasted both upper back and legs. On the pull, I did one-arm bent rows. I will start building that move up. Leflore Steel has some plates of mine. They are supposed to build me a seventy pound dumbbell. That is where I need it, on the bent rows.

I worked the legs hard. I did ten sets of squats and two sets of leg extensions. One of my goals is to increase my leg strength. A lot. I am up in the department some, but I am far from where I want and need to be. The strength will help me achieve some of the objectives I have been dreaming of, like running faster, running farther, and having fun while staying healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment