Friday, September 4, 2020

Smoke in the City

Being on time two days in a row and only twenty minutes late the third day was too much for John. He was missing in action Thursday. While he slumbered and slept, I swam and swam, 5,200 meters worth before work. It was a straight swim. I haven't done any sets all week. I tried sets one morning, Wednesday I think. I was going to do some 200s which I have done before. I did not make the sendoff on the first rep. I got to the wall in 4:25. The sendoff was 4:35. Of course I did not go. I'm not sure why I was so slow. Maybe I just was not concentrating.

That swim plus getting up early every morning, had me groggy at work. In fact, I left my lunch at home, and drove back to get it between classes. I almost went to sleep. 

After work, I took a nap before I had the energy to do anything else. Anything else was a shuffle on Wade/gravel/Money Roads. I drove out there because town was smokey. I did not want to inhale all that smoke. The shuffle was slow. This is the day when I usually do my 5K Special. But I hurt my back a bit Tuesday, and I did not want to squat or to run in the smoke in town so I drove out there and did the loop. The loop is 3.72 miles.

At Plate City, I did pulls. On the lat pull down, I did

31 X 50
25 X 65
12 X 80
11 X 86

I also did reverse flys, and face pulls for a solid day of Chicot training. It's coming up fast. Help me, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment