Wednesday, September 23, 2020

John Back

 John called at 4:00 a.m. Monday morning. He called back at 4:28 and 4:44. I answered his fourth call at 5:00. He wanted to swim. Since he has been out the past several weeks, I have reverted to swimming in the afternoon. I did not give in to his pleading to meet him at the pool. By the way, friends don't call friends at 4:00 a.m. They just don't.

I did agree to meet him Tuesday morning at 5:00. Guess what? You got it, he was late. And after the swim, when the other guys were coming in and we has to get out, he said, "We need to get here earlier tomorrow." 

If you have been reading this blog for the past seven years, you might want to know if I exploded on him. I did not. I only mumbled, "Not this week," but this is going to be a point of contention in the near future.

He always wants me to get up earlier and get there sooner while he is always late. The world waits on John. Did I mention that he was an only child. That explains a lot. Plus he has never worked a job where he had to be somewhere at a certain. time. Never. It shows.

I swam 2,550 yards straight and easy. That comes out to 2,239 meters. The taper has begun. After work, I went out for a shuffle and did 7.03 miles. I had scheduled a  leg workout at Plate City, but John called. To make a short story long, I had to go to the pharmacy for him and take the pickup to his apartment.

Sigh. Another workout missed.

Thank you, Jesus, for what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment