Friday, September 18, 2020

Again

 I slept in again. Surprised? I'm not. So I did what I have been doing all week: after work and a nap, I ran to the pool, swam, and shuffled home. I did the short route, straight there and back. At the pool, the water felt a bit cooler. I swam

3,400 straight in one hour and something. I can't remember and for some reason I did not record it in my training diary. 

Then I shuffled slowly home. I am trying to let the legs rest a little. Saturday is the 300 Oaks. I have a good base, but my training pace has been so slow that I don't know what to expect. I keep hoping that I will blow it out. My average training run is now over fourteen minutes per mile. Yeah, that slow. I have the miles and the weight training. So why am I plodding like this?

It can't be age. And it can't be laziness. It might have something to do with my weight, but I really  don't have an answer. Saturday will tell me a lot about where I am.

Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment