Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Countdown to Chicot IX

The countdown to Chicot Challenge IX has begun. Saturday is the day. Usually this week is a radical taper time for me as I attempt to get fresh from the massive training I have been doing. This time around, however, I am coming off an 8,000 meter week, and I am very insecure about my fitness. Consequently, I swam farther Monday than I normally do. Was it far enough to help my fitness? I don't know.

I shuffled to the pool taking 2.91 miles to get there. The outdoor water felt amazingly chilly. My guess it that it was 77 or 78 degrees. I stroked for 3,600 straight then shuffled home taking 3.21 miles to get there. That was it. I did not lift. Tomorrow I plan to do legs, but the upper body is off from the weights this week.

So I got a decent training day in and one that should not leave me too fatigued. The roadwork totaled 6.12 miles and the swimming hit 3,600 meters. I plan to get twenty plus miles in on the road although a true taper would cut that back to ten or fewer. Tomorrow I cut the distance back a bit more in the water. 

Thank you, Jesus, for the opportunity to swim and for good friends who will help. Gerald has a room in Lake Village. So do Penny and I, and Sheila is going with us. Gerry contacted me last night to ask if all was still on. I have not heard from MJ Staples so I assume she is not coming. If she shows up, all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment