Tuesday, September 1, 2020

New Week

My goal for this new week is to beat last week in all categories: swimming, running, and lifting. I got started right Monday. But I only tied in the pool, compared to this day last week. I swam 2,400 meters on both Mondays. 

For the roadwork, however, I stepped it up a notch, not a lot but a bit. I checked my training journal before heading out the door, and saw that last week I ran 2.22 on Monday. So this Monday I shuffled 2.74. That wasn't a big jump, but I hope to add a little bit everyday and maybe on Friday add a lot. It was at the gym, however, that I saw my real improvement.

At Plate City, I decided to go with last week's new lineup and do my big leg day on Monday. I hit the squats really hard for eleven sets. In addition, I did leg extension, standing calf raises, and seated calf raises. When I walked back into the house, I knew that my quads, calves, and glutes had been worked and worked hard.

It was a good day, and as a bonus, Shane Sanders Tree Service finally came back to cut that other tree we had agreed on back in May. 

May. 

May. 

I had thought they aren't coming back, but they did. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment