Monday, September 28, 2020

9/21 - 9/27

It was a week. It was a different week. It was a good week. It was a week of failure. I'll be brief. 

Monday I started the training/taper cycle with a run/swim/run. That is what I have been doing since John has been out. I shuffled 2.91 miles to the pool, swam outdoors for 3,600 meters, and ran back 3.21 miles. The water temp felt like it was 77 or 78. That is not a bad temp, but it caused a little alarm to go off inside my head. There were some cool nights and some rain in the forecasts. That can only cause the water temps to drop which could have a negative impact on Chicot.

Tuesday, John was back so the swimming moved indoors and to the early morning. I went 2,550 yards straight. This was taper week, remember, and I was attempting to get fresh. I wanted to lift, but John needed me to go to the pharmacy for him. I also wanted to keep my twenty-mile running weeks up so I had on tap my longest shuffle of the week. I went 7.03 miles.

Wednesday was more indoor swimming. I cut it to 2,450 easy yards. In the afternoon, I shuffled 4.36 miles. The upper body weight lifting had been cancelled for the whole week. I was still looking, however, for a big leg day. I don't remember why, but I did not get it done Wednesday either.

Thursday I swam only 1,650 yards. In the afternoon, I did 3.89 miles of roadwork. I finally got my big leg day in with ten sets of squats and some other stuff.

Friday was all rest, cleaning the truck, and packing. A reporter from the Greenwood Commonwealth came by. Also, I sold a boat motor to some people from Vicksburg. Penny asked me yesterday what I was doing with the money from the stuff I was selling. 

"It is going into my gym fund," I told her.

"You don't need a gym fund," she told me.

What's need got to do with it?

Saturday was Chicot Challenge IX. I failed. I swam one half of the attempted 13 miles. That gave me 6.5 miles or 10,458 meters for the day.

For the week, I

swam 20,135 meters,

ran 21.4 miles,

spun 4:00, and

lifted weights one time.

So it was a full week, I will do a complete write up of the Chicot swim in a day or two. To you who supported us in prayer, thank you. To you who have donated to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi, thank you and God bless you. And to God who kept us safe during the swim, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment