Friday, September 25, 2020

Last Training Day

 Thursday was my last day of training before Chicot. Or maybe I should say it was my last day of tapering before total rest. I did get up and go to the pool unlike my training partner who was MIA. I swam a straight 1,650 in a sluggish 33:21. While I was there changing clothes after the swim, Jack Matthews came in. He and Michael Boler, and Rob White come in at 6:00 to swim. Yesterday, however, Jack told me they were not going to be there Thursday but he wanted to donate. So he came in and brought a check. God bless him.

It was a long day at work. I teach four straight classed on Tuesday and Thursday. When I got home, I rested some and then went out for a shuffle. I did an easy 3.87 miles. That gave me my requisite twenty-mile running week so I can rest Friday. Friday I plan to sleep late and do little.

I finally did the leg workout I have tried to fit in all week. I did loads of squats, ten sets, plus some extensions, and calf raises, standing and seated. I called it a day after that and went in and watched Deadliest Catch with the cats being sweet and hanging out with me.

Thank you, Jesus, for the health to do this challenge. Thank you for the donations that have come it. Bless those who have given and move on others to give also.

No comments:

Post a Comment