Thursday, September 10, 2020

Another Dry Day

I woke up at 3:00 a.m. I was on my stomach. I never sleep on my stomach. My feet were hanging off the bed by about twenty-four inches and one knee was in pain. Not only that, but my neck hurt as did my shoulder. Since the shoulder pain frightened me, I turned my alarm off. No swimming with a bum shoulder.

When I got up three hours later, the shoulder pain was gone. Too late, however, for a swim. Wednesday is a Moorhead day. I leave the house within minutes of 7:00. After my tour of duty, I went home, changed clothes, and hit the road. I shuffled 5.1 miles which gave me a pretty good start to the week. 

After the road work, it was time for gym work. I was lazy. I was tired. I cut things to the bone. Mostly I did Lenny rows for

20 X 115
16 X 125
12 X 135
10 X 140

Also I did a few reverse flys and some rotator cuff work. 

Now I am pondering how to structure the rest of the week. I need a really big swim. For this week, 20,000 meters is an impossibility having missed two mornings already. But it can still be a good week if I can get in that monster swim. The most I have swum in Chicot prep thus far is 6,800 meters. I need more. Lord help me to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment