Sunday, September 27, 2020

Friday Before

I slept late, to about 7:30. When I arose, I moved slowly and gingerly. I drank coffee, blogged, and hung out with the cats. This was Friday before Chicot Challenge IX, and I was doing as little as possible. 

When I did move around, it was to go outside and start cleaning out the backseat of my truck. It was full of stuff. We have been moving, and my backseat was unsittable for the past several weeks. Sheila Mitchell, a member of Team Centerville, would be riding with us to Lake Village. I had to get ready.

So I cleaned, and packed, and drained the coffee pot one cup at a time. Penny and I packed our stuff, loaded our stuff, and left room for Sheila and her stuff. During all of this, I was in contact with someone on Facebook about a outboard motor I had for sale. Then a reporter from the Commonwealth called. We talked on the phone, then he came over to take a picture. While he was there, he took a few photos of Pee Wee. I hoped they would make the paper because he is an extremely handsome hound.

We left about 3:30 after Sheila got off work and arrived at the Hideout. We left full of joy, excitement, and expectation. Not really. There was some of that, but for me there was also a measure of trepidation. I was concerned about my fitness level, the water temperature, and if I would be able to pull it off again.

We had a nice drive over and checked into the Days Inn. The Lighthouse Inn, our headquarters for the past few years, was closed. After settling in, we, Penny, Sheila, Gerald and Gerry (who were already there) went out for supper. We drove to Foxx's Pizza. That is where I like to eat the night before. Pizza, with all it carbs, fat, and sodium, is the perfect night before meal for an extreme endurance event. 

Foxx's was only open for take out. We wanted to sit down together so we went to the Mexican which was open for dine in. The meal was good and the company better. Then we retired to the motel to rest for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment