Friday, September 11, 2020

Thursday Running Over

Thursday was another big training day. I was swimming by 4:45 a.m., and the bats were circling above me.  That is a little weird, spooky, creepy. I went for 2:14:42 and racked up 5,600 meters, my most yet before work during this Chicot buildup.

Work was long. I teach four classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and I have no lunch break. When my fourth class ends, I am dizzy and ready to go home and go to bed. That is what I did when I got to leave. I went sound to sleep only to get up and do MDCC work on the computer before going to purchase some new running shoes. I got to where I could not tell my best pair of runners from the old ones I mow the lawn in. That is when it's time to make a new purchase.

With my new shoes, I did the latest edition of my 5K Special. A twenty-three reps set of squats was followed immediately by an interval run, performing five hard quarter miles with a .12 tacked on to the end. This one had me sucking air and should improve my V02Max. Maybe I can get my pace from a 14 minute per mile slog to a crisp 13:30. Don't laugh. You will get old one day too. Or you will die young.

When I finished the run, I finished the day. Inside, I showered, shaved, and got in bed. That is where I stayed for the remainder of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment