Thursday, September 24, 2020

Countdown Cutback

I cut things back a little more Wednesday. Tuesday I swam 2,550 yards. Wednesday, however, I cut that back to 2,450 yards. That is not much of a reduction, but it is a slight scale back. 

 Not only did I cut the swimming back a tad, but I shortened the road work by almost three miles going a simple 4.36 as opposed to the 7.03 I did Tuesday. I intended to do my squat workout, but John called and needed me to go to the pharmacy for him. If you have ever had to deal with a pharmacy, you should have all the motivation you will ever need for taking care of your health.

CVS is one of the biggest aggravations of my wife's life. It bleeds over to me through her and sometimes through John. When he had his ankle surgery, I was going to the pharmacy every single day. Yes, every day.  That is not the life I want. We don't always get what we want, but I am fighting hard to maintain my health. Thank you, Jesus, that I do not have to do that. It is time consuming, expensive, and frustrating. John once told me that their pharmacy bill totals over $30,000 annually. The pharmacy texts and says the prescription is ready. You get there and it is not. Often they saw come back later. Twice. Other times they get things mixed up which is what happened Wednesday. Someone else had picked up his prescription, but I had to go and get it right.

Sigh.

That extra trip to CVS and then to Golden Age knocked me out of my leg workout.

Sigh.

Thank you, Jesus, that I have a leg workout and a gym to do it in. Maybe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment