Monday, November 16, 2020

11/9 - 11/15

I feel like I am back to normal. With restored health, I trained relatively hard last week, and I am excited about the upcoming break from school. My hope is to do a lot of things. In fact, I plan a separate post on that alone. 

Monday I swam 1,900 yards in the little pool at Twin Rivers. After that, I did 3.37 miles of roadwork. Then I hit Plate City for a bench press and shoulder workout.

I have already forgotten why I did not lift Tuesday. Maybe I was too tired? I swam 2,000 meters, and shuffled 3.25 miles. I might have still been suffering from the lingering effects of my recent illness. Since lifting is usually the last thing I do, if anything gets left off, that is the thing.

Wednesday I was back to all three workouts. In the pool, I amassed 2,100 yards. On the road, I hit 5.07 miles, and in the gym I did pulls and a very light leg workout.

Thursday I only swam 1,150 yards. I have also forgotten why that one was so truncated. My road work was even on the short side with a mere 2.13. My gym session, however, was full blown.

Friday I attempted my challenge of a max squat, a mile for time, and a 10K all in one day. I did the squat early in the morning. Ran the mile just before noon, and as I have already written, I was prevented from doing the 10K by some business that I needed to attend to. It was still a solid day.

Saturday I unloaded a bunch of books out of my truck that I loaded into it Friday before I sold my old pickup. Then I went for a shuffle but stopped after 5.8 miles because I had a little niggle in my body. I don't even want to say what or where. I also did a big session at the gym to finish a solid week. 

Sunday, I drove to Water Valley and purchased a back extension apparatus and a dip rack. I was getting ready to purchase a back extension machine from Titan, but saw this one on Facebook Market Place for half the price plus I got the dip rack. These two items were needed at Plate City and take up little room, hence they are a nice upgrade for what is already the world's best backyard gym.

For the week, I

ran 21.27 miles (my first 20-miler in five weeks)

swam 6,539 meters, and 

lifted five times.

Now I am ready to break new ground, so to speak, hit new levels of fitness. Thank you, Jesus for good health, good desire, and a good gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment