Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving

I was up early doing school work. I hate that. Thanksgiving should be off limits. I'm just trying to get done. Penny, I remember, was doing stuff in the kitchen at 3:something so maybe I shouldn't complain.

I asked her what time we were leaving. We were going to Hillbilly Heaven, of course. I had originally planned to run from home to there. If I am in condition enough, I always do. But this year there is that little niggle in a leg. I can't write what it is because I think Randy Beets has something to do with it, and I don't want to give him any encouragement. I knew he was like the Grinch and trying to steal Thanksgiving. I could not let him succeed.

At least I should lift, I thought, so I did. I went to Plate City around 10:00 a.m. Being push day, I benched

15 X 38

15 X 88

13 X 108

11 X 113

That was done with the Swiss bar and front of the bench on some boards giving me a slight incline. Then I did dips, 8 and 8 reps. I am amazed at how that move hits the triceps. It should pay some dividends on the bench in a few weeks. I also did some lateral raises and a set of back extensions.

At Hillbilly Heaven, I immediately parked myself on the couch. Before long I was snoozing. After we ate, I did more napping. I needed it. By late afternoon, everyone had shifted outside. I went out to join them. The weather was pleasant, cool and clear. Since I had packed a bag of shorts, running shoes, and long sleeve, hunter orange T-shirt, I retrieved that from the truck. Might as well take a walk, I thought. I came back to the patio and emptied the contents of my bag.

"What did you forget?" Penny asked. I guess she saw the reaction on my face.

"My watch," I answered in disgust.

"Well, you can still walk."

"No I can't."

"Yes you can."

"I can't walk without my watch."

"You can borrow mine."

"Yours is not the right kind."

"What's the right kind?"

"A GPS watch. I'm not a weirdo. I can't walk without a GPS watch."

So I pouted a while. That should never happen to anybody. But life is not fair like that. Thus the Grinch stole Thanksgiving. Randy Beets had something to do with it. No doubt about it.

Praise God anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment