Friday, November 20, 2020

Not Late Enough

John called me at 3:00. "I'm getting ready now. I'll meet you at the pool at 3:30."

I started swimming at 3:38. John, of course, was not there. He did come in two minutes later. I suppose he saw the clock (he does not own and watch) and realized that he was not late enough so he went into the bathroom and was there for a bit over eight minutes. That brought him up the 18:27 late getting into the pool.  

I swam

1,300

400 small paddles

6 X 50 medium paddles as 25 easy/25 hard

250

250

total: 2,500 yards = 2,285 meters.

Once more, I did not run. I am trying to get that little issue ironed out before it becomes a big deal. At the gym, I did bench presses as

20 X 38

15 X 88

12 X 108

10 X 113

For the first time in years, I did some dips. At the old Plate City, I built a dip station and hurt my shoulder the first time I used it. My recent purchase of a back extension machine came with a portable dip rack. I used it Thursday night. Wow. Big triceps bomber. I was careful not to go too far down. I also set my feet on a bucket to take a little weight off. It was still a solid move.

Since I am not running, I did one set of high-rep leg extensions and curls.

So all in all it was a pretty decent day. I finished classes. Now comes the hard work of grading papers, entering grades, and giving exams next week. Lord, I need help, energy, strong motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment