Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Dreams

Now that I am back training, I am also back dreaming. The one thing that has been a constant in my life if play. Since I was a little boy, my chief desire has been to go outsides and play. After being inside for two weeks because of COVID, I am enjoying getting back out which even includes work. I am back at work for three days in a row now. It feels good. 

I have also been back in the pool, swimming twice this week. Today I will not swim due to an appointment with the tooth dentist. But I do plan on running and lifting. Since I went a whopping 3.2 miles yesterday, I hope to go just a bit farther today. Plus it is leg day so I will do some squats and workout on my new leg extension machine. 

Concerning dreams, I had a lot of them. I still have them, I just don't know how quickly I can get to them. I did a few of my dream runs alreay. Now my fitness is down a bit, and I am gun shy of coming back too fast. That is one reason I want to take yesterday's 3.2 up a little bit today, maybe all the way to four miles. That will move me back towards the kind of endurance I need to fulfill some of these dreams. 

One of my dreams is to go to Biloxi and do their 5K and marathon in mid-December. Yes, I wanted to do both the 5K on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday. Will I be fit enough to pull that off now? That depends on how my mileage comes back up after being in bed for so long.

Another dream is the Parks Marathon which has been in my mind for several years. This one involves running to and running a miles in thirteen parks in Greenwood. Also, I have yearned to runs some big loops from Greenwood. A couple of them I have done before, but it has been years. In addition, I have some challenges in mind. One is to max out my squat, run a mile for time, and run a 10K all in one day.

I have other things on my list. Always, I have a list. Life is good when you have a list of things that keep you excited and training and thinking and planning. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment