Thursday, November 26, 2020

Off, Sort of

Penny brought me coffee and breakfast in bed. Then she asked me what time I had to go to work. When I told her I was working from home, I could tell if she had known that I would not have been treated so royally. I finished giving exams Tuesday. Now I need to finish grading and get the grades into Canvas.

I guess I logged into Canvas 15 or 38 times. Maybe more. I'm waiting on online students to finish the final exam, and for the slothful to finish. I am in bad shape. I don't have a single course I can put the grades in. My patience, however, is running thin. 

I know what you are thinking. I am too nice for my own good. In the past, I have made such a big deal out of getting everything in that I could finish up pretty quickly after exams. This year, teaching 42 semester hours, I had no clue who was outstanding on work. By outstanding, I mean who owed me something. While I was giving the finals I was grading work from the semester.

One piece of work came in. One. And that was a student who drove to the Greenwood Center and took a final essay exam. The counselor, who proctored the test, sent me a photo of the four sentences the student wrote. This class knew for weeks that the exam was going to be one essay and they knew exactly what that essay would be. They knew. So most of the students knocked it out of the park. There is always one, however.

So I went to the pool at 2:00. John was not late. John never showed. I did a straight swim of 3,650 yards in 1:11:44. That made for a 1:57 average. At 350 yards I was 7:23. Yeah, unlike running, I get faster as a swim goes on.

Then I went home and logged in to Canvas a few more times. Since no one had done anything, I went to Plate City. I squatted

11 X 45

  4 X 95

  3 X 115

  3 X 115

  3 X 115

I also did leg extension, leg curls, a set of standing calf raises and a set of seated calf raises. Of course I performed the ubiquitous corator tuff exercises and did lots of stretching.

So it was not a bad day. It did need some running and some student activity. Thank the Lord for what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment