Thursday, November 19, 2020

Dreaming and Scheming

I've been dreaming and scheming of late. First, I have been dreaming of a replacement for the Chicot Challenge in 2021. I have not announced it yet because it is still so tenuous. Many things have to fall into place for me to pull it off. The thing is, I have grown just a tad bit bored with Chicot, and I want another challenge. I came up with something. It will make me train hard, keep me excited, and it even frightens me a little. If your dreams don't frighten you, they are not big enough. When the time is right, I will reveal the dream.

Not only have I been dreaming, but I have even been scheming on 2022. In fact, I created a new sport, a sport I have not done yet. The sport? Quadrathon. This involves power lifting, swimming, cycling, and running and is capable of multiple variations. For instance, remember my challenge from last Friday? I maxed out on the bench, ran a mile for time, and planned but failed to run a 10K. In the quadrathon, I will do an entire powerlifting meet on my own, maxing the squat, bench, and deadlift. Then I can choose one of several options. I can do a mile for time, run to the pool and take a long swim and run home, cycle for many miles, and then do some more running.

The variations are endless. This concept fulfills all the necessary functions I need: it will make me train hard, keep me excited, and it even frightens me a little. Right now, it is just in the scheme stage, but I expect I will make a couple of practice attempts at it during the break.

One really good thing about this new sport is, since I created it whenever I do one, that will be the world record. I already hold all the world records in the Association of Sports Strongmen. Now I will begin to collect a whole new set of more records, beating Randy Beets and putting him to shame.

Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment