Sunday, November 22, 2020

Saturday

None of the good stuff. Well, I had coffee. But mostly I worked.

I spent another four hours doing school work. The silver lining there is that I am in pretty good shape. Finally. I hate to work on Sunday, but I will this afternoon. If I can get finished with all of this extra English Department stuff that they always afflict us with at the end of the semester, I will be able to swim Wednesday. This semester is almost over, and I am counting down the days.

I took a run, a short shuffle, on the Yazoo River Trail going a mere 1.57 miles. That little issue I mentioned several posts ago is still not totally resolved. It felt good to run, though, and the colors in the woods on the trail are magnificent.

After that, I watched some football. Even watching the games has lost some luster. I know we should be thankful for every bit of football we get, but no inter-conference play, plus the truncated season, in addition to the lack of fans in the stands, not to mention conferences starting their seasons at different times has everything feeling off. That's because everything is off.

Yes, I went to the gym. I had to do a twofer: legs and pull. I worked out for over an hour. Usually I finish in forty-five minutes, but to double up takes longer. What I failed to do was farmers walks. By the time I finished all the pulling and squatting, I was tuckered out and it was dark. So I went in and watched Mississippi State barely lose to Georgia. I did not expect that. It was a nice surprise and one that makes me think our program is not all doom and gloom. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment