Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Back in the Water

After two and a half weeks of not swimming, Monday afternoon saw me back at work and then back in the water. John was there. He was early. Yes, you read that right. He was early and grinning like a dead pig in the sunshine. He had not swum since I had been sick. I was grinning too.

I didn't do much. I swam 1,400 yards straight at a barely 2:00 per 100 yard pace. I felt it, my lack of condition. But it was nice to get wet again and use my upper body muscles in an aerobic way.

I went home and rested some before going to Plate City. It was dark when I got out there. I enjoyed the ambience of being out there with the sun down and Susan Montgomery's huge oak trees being up. I love gazing into those giant limbs. Monday is bench day so I pressed

15 X 100

11 X 110

10 X 115

  8 X 120

In addition to that, I did three sets of lateral raises, some cable raises, a set of log presses, and some triceps pushdowns. That was a pretty good workout for an old man coming back from a serious disease. All of that left me pretty tired. I went inside and hung out with CC for the rest of the evening. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment