Friday, November 13, 2020

Day before Challenge Day

Everything was late Thursday. I was late getting to the pool and John was later. Not only that, but I was supposed to meet someone at the Hideout to get shed of a couple of benches. So I only swam 1,150 yards. Hey, it's better than a poke in the eye.

After that, after swimming and the visitor, I took a short shuffle out the gravel road. Short because I ran sort of long yesterday and because Friday is the day of my big challenge. Remember? I want to max out my squat, run a mile for time, and run a 10K all in the same day. So I shuffled 2.13 miles. Then it was time for Plate City.

At the gym, it was push day. On the bench, I pressed

12 X 108

10 X 118

  9 X 123

  7 X 128

That beats the same workout last week by a rep each on the first three sets. That is a considerable improvement. I guess COVID had me down pretty low. In addition to the bench, I did six sets of lateral raises, one set of cable raises, and one set of triceps push downs. 

So I had a pretty solid day. Tomorrow is the challenge day. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment