Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sore

Saturday came and I had planned to run four miles to give myself a twenty-mile week. But I was too sore to try it. Yeah, Friday's run left my calves in a mess. My thighs feel OK, but the calves are protesting my every move.

Penny and I did some moving. I hauled some more blocks and at least seven boxes of books. Things are coming around, however, and by 2023 we should wrap it up. I know what you are thinking. Keep it to yourself.

I watched a little college football. Mississippi State tried to lose to Vanderbilt, but Vandy was having none of it. They made it close, however, and only lost by three points despite five turnovers. How do you do that?

Although I did not run and I did not swim, I did go to Plate City. It was leg day. I let the calves off, but I did five sets of squats and some farmer's walks, four sets worth. Maybe next week, I can pick back up my pre-COVID training. My weight is high and my fitness is suspect, but I have dreams, plans. I am hoping to do one of my fitness challenges Friday: max out on the squat, run a mile for time, and run a 10K  all in done day.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment