Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Trying to Get Back

I tried. I tried several things. One thing I tried was to run to the pool. I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 3:00. I was shuffling along trying to figure my route. I was two miles in and figured I could get a little over three. Then I noticed. I did not have my goggles. I still got in 3.35 miles, not a bad start on what I hope is a banner week.

So I shuffled home, retrieved the goggles, and drove to the pool where I swam 1,900. John likes to race me, him running while I swim. This time he did not give me time to warm up. So I was swimming hard early and the lats, shoulders, and triceps hurt like they had been bitten off my a hyena. 

Then I tried to get someone to get Penny's truck to the shop. It has not been cranking the past few mornings so failing to get a mechanic, I had to drive to city hall and boost her off. This pushed my lifting back into the dark. I tried to lift in the daylight. I don't mind lifting in the dark except that it is warm right now and that mean mosquitoes. I don't like getting bit by mosquitoes. That, I figure, is a bigger threat than COVID. We had a guy in town a few years back who got West Nile. After he had been in the hospital for several weeks, someone said he was having a good day: he knew who he was. I don't want any of that.

At Plate City and in the dark, I benched

13 X 100

10 X 120

  6 X 130

  6 X 130

Then I did a set of log presses and some triceps push downs. Not only that, but I did lateral raises and cable raises. So I got all three workouts in and even refrained from snacking that night. I have to lose some weight. Have to. 

Jesus, thank you for what I got done. Now help me lose this weight, please. I need your aid. I can't do this alone

No comments:

Post a Comment