Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Big Day

Tuesday was the big day, the day I gave four-- count them-- four examinations. That had me working until 4:00 p.m. I know what you're thinking: Poor baby. But grading, or beginning to grade, all those papers is not an ordinary chore. I have read so many bad essays that my eyes have developed a lisp, I walk now with a limp in my hand, and my writing fingers refuse to hold a pen. I am wrecked.

But that much is done. The testing part. Now I work from home today and attempt to finish grading, try to enter grades, and attempt to herd up a few wild sheep. I have contacted several students about work they need to finish. They drag. They try to see how far they can push it. The administration has given students so much power this semester that I am afraid of them, the students. I feel like I have no authority. I have no authority. 

I came home and got into bed. About 6:00 p.m., Penny asked me if I was in for the night. Translated: You're not working out! So I got up and went to Plate City in the dark. It was pull night. I performed a set of one-armed bent rows, and then did four sets of Lenny rows. Not only that, but I did reverse flys and corator tuff work. I enjoyed the darkness and Pee Wee loved me being there. Now school is almost over for a while, I will really hit the gym. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment