Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Hades Week Has Begun

Hades Week has begun. Actually it began last week. Fridays for me are sacrosanct. However, I worked on MDCC stuff for five hours Friday, four hours Saturday, and two and a half hours Sunday. No, I do not like to work on Sunday, but an ox was in the ditch. A whole herd of them, actually.

Monday I gave three exams at Moorhead. I graded a bunch and then I went home. I called John and told him I could be at the pool by 3:00. When I got there, John was already in the water. 

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

After the swim, I found out that he thought I said 2:00 and he got there at 2:45. I spoke with him again about his funeral. "Next time you talk to your daughter," I said, "tell her about the casket. If it is not rolled in twenty minutes after I start the funeral, I am not preaching." I was not kidding.

I swam 3,400 yards with some fast 25s thrown in. My average pace was 1:57 per 100.

At home, I rested some and then went to Plate City. It was bench night. I pressed

13 X 100

  8 X 120

  7 X 130

  5 X 135

  5 X 135

I did some other stuff but probably not as much as I needed to. I did do two sets of triceps pushdowns. But the day had taken its toll so I went in the eat supper and relax for the rest of the night. Thank you, Jesus, for a pretty smooth start to what is always a hectic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment