Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Break

We have a break coming up, or more accurately, the end of the semester. Because of COVID, like everything else, it is different this year. Instead of going back for two weeks after Thanksgiving, we are working right up to Thanksgiving day and then are off until January. Yes, I have plans. Thanks for asking. What? OK, I'll tell you about them.

First, I aim to hang out with the cats, drink lots of coffee, and blog. But you already knew that, didn't you. What else do I plan to do? Well of course my goal is to do lots of training. That is primarily running and lifting. I might swim a little more, but not too much. Why so much training? It's what I do now. It is my hobby as well as the means to certain goals I have. What's that? what goals? I think I will save that for another post. I have been hinting at a big challenge coming down the road, or one I have dreamed up. We'll talk about that one later.

I do hope to pull off some more of those one-day challenges like I tried to do Friday. I have a number of those on my list. Some are multi-events like Friday's was and some involve long running or big lifting or maybe even lots of swimming.

What else? I, we, are still trying to move. Don't get smart with me. If you have never moved after forty-three years in one place, you are in np position to judge me. Yes, I know you judge me anyway, but please be polite and keep it to yourself. We have been moving since May, and I think I can faintly see a little light at the end of the tunnel way down there. I think.

Another thing that is high on the list is to work on Plate City. There are a few things that need to be rearranged. I still don't have the dreadmill set up like I want it. I need some stall matts to create the platform for the treadmill so the impact can be lessoned. I also need my electrician to come back and get me some lights out there. I have been lifting in the dark of late. Lights, even just a few, will be a nice upgrade.

In addition, I plan, need, must lose some weight. This has to be accomplished first of all for my health. Secondarily, getting lighter will improve my running times by a lot, not to mention my looks. And fourthly, shedding a few pounds will help me accomplish the big challenge I am dreaming of. Being lighter and stronger than I am now will greatly enhance my chances of success.

When am I going to reveal the big challenge? Probably a week or so after the semester ends. By then I should know if my legs look like they will hold up to the training I need to do. Stay tuned, the announcement is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment