Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Ambiences

The weather has been unbelievably gorgeous of late with blue skies, lots of sunshine, and cool temperatures. It makes me want to be off work now so I can train like a madman. Wednesday John called me while I was still at work. He was at the pool. What?!?! Yeah, he could not wait. I went in when I got off work and swam a straight 2,250 yards. He raced me some so I had to push a little. He runs in the water and tries to beat me to the wall. That is particularly irritating when he starts right away and I am not warmed up.

So I had a nice swim and went home for my run. It was getting dark when I started. I shuffled out the gravel a little and then came back and got on the Yazoo River Trail. After the trail, I ran downtown, and down Howard Street. Howard Street is becoming one of my favorites. The sidewalks have all been redone making them both attractive and easy to negotiate the sideroads. Not only that, but now there is music from outdoor speakers. All of that creates a nice ambience that I find refreshing. I did 3.something miles. 

It was totally dark when I finished. That means lifting at Plate City in the dark. I like that the same way I like running in the dark. The moon in the western sky, peaking through the limbs of our neighbor's huge oak tree, creates another ambience. I am all about ambiences. Ambiences ambience me. I did pull and light legs. On the pull, I performed only three sets of one-arm rows as

  19 X 40

  10 X 55

    8 X 60

In addition, I did a bunch of reverse flys, three sets of squats, and leg curls and extensions. It was a solid day of teaching and training. I was tired when it was all done and went in to eat and hang out with CC and Baby Kitty. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment