Sunday, November 15, 2020

Strongman Saturday

Saturday has become my strongman day. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I have a little more time. Right now strongman means mostly farmer's walks. I love farmer's walks. It is a full-body exercise as well as a conditioner. I'll tell you about it.

First, I slept in, drank coffee, and hung out with the cats. Then I wrote not one but two blog posts. The second was my 2,000th on this blog. That means this is my 2,000 and oneth post. How about that?

I eventually dragged out of bed and went for a run. I only did 5.8 miles. There was a little niggle in my body so I cut the run down to middle distance. If I am going to do the big thing I have been hinting about, something new to replace the Chicot Challenge, I must remain healthy.

I tried to watch some college ball after the run. Is it just me or has the crazy re-arranged season taken some all lot of the luster off this season? I can't find an SEC team humiliating another conference's team with the announcers pulling for the other conference. I miss that. The whole enterprise feels different. It's better than a poke in the eye, of course, but I miss normalcy. Sigh.

I finally went to Plate City for pulling and strongman about mid-afternoon. I did one set of one-armed bent rows, fours sets of reverse flys, and three sets of lat pull downs. Add to that one set of leg extensions, one set of leg curls, and some face pulls and you have a pretty good workout. But that was not all. Then I went to the farmer's walk station and did

2 X 85 with 114

2 X 85 with 124

2 X 85 with 134

2 X 85 with 144

2 X 50 with 154

2 X 50 with 164

20 second hold with 174

25 second hold with 174

So, I am rebuilding the farmer's walk. I had laid off it for a long time. The reason for the layoff was I had wasps in my handles. It took a bit to convince them that their rent was past due. I had to send the mafia not once but twice to collect.

So that was Saturday. A good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment