Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Back to Work

Bittersweet. 

My reaction to going back to work.

In one way I am ready. In another, I needed just one more week off. Or two. Three.

Since I had to be in Moorhead at 9:00 a.m., I met John at the pool at 6:00. Ouch. I'm not a morning person, but I knew I could do Monday because I get lots of rest on Sunday. On the Lord's day, my wife and I go to church, I preach, we go out to eat, and then we go home and nap for the rest of the day.

I swam

1,300
6 X 50 small paddles @ 1:16
250 for time 4:31.36 (1:48)
400 small paddles
total: 2,300 long course meters

Then I went to work. We met our new president, Dr. Tyrone Jackson. I like him and my sense is that he will be good for our school. Of course we had the obligatory plethora of meetings, and some of the were actually good. 

After work, it was a choice between running and lifting. I waited until 5:50 to go out the front door, and it was still 97 degrees with a heat index of 113 that late. As slow as I am, it got dark on me for the first time this year. I was amazed at how much better it felt when the sun got low. I did 11.65 miles in 3:08:37. Yeah, that slow. But I did it; I got my long run in for the week, and I did it on the hottest day of the year.

So I started back to work and got in two workouts. Not bad. I'm happy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment