Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Early Morning Swim

Darkness covered the water's surface like a blanket while moonlight danced eerily on the bottom. It was 5:52 a.m. and I was just beginning my swim at Twin Rivers Monday morning. John was nowhere in sight. No one was in sight. A strange ambiance was all that accompanied my as I began to stroke along in the dark.

I found it difficult to know where I was in the pool with no lane lines, no lane ropes, and no light. But slowly my proprioception improved while night transformed into morning. It's a lovely time, the early hours; I need to get up more often.



I swam 1,000 and I was needing to go the bathroom really bad. The restrooms inside are made for little people and I knew I couldn't use them. The last time I did, my knees hit the door and my elbows pressed the stall's side. The sign outside says Boy's and it means it. 

I swam 2 X 50 and then had to leave. That was a shame because I felt like swimming unlike many a morning when I just want to go to sleep. So I finished with a malnourished 1,100 meters.

At work, we are in Late Registration. Why do we teach students to be late? I had to stay at work until 4:00 o'clock, and since it was the third Monday of the month, we had to go to Itta Bena to eat fish. Great. Just in time to keep me from losing weight.

I had just enough time to rush home, change clothes, and go for a short run before taking a bath, redressing, and going to get fat. There was no time for weights, no time for my long run.

Still, it was a good day. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment