Monday, August 19, 2019

First Day of School

I thought you went back to work last week.

I did, but that was registration and punishment. 

Punishment?

Yeah, they make us sit in our offices much longer than we used to because we had the audacity to ask to advise students in our offices. Imagine that.

So what is new besides punishment?

Today we started classes.

So how was that?

The beginning of a semester is always a mix of excitement and stress. I like having a new start with each year or semester. Getting to start over is nice. Getting to attempt to do a better job is a blessing. Getting to meet new people is a joy. However, I am experiencing severe stress because three classes have not made and administrators are wanting schedules that don't yet exist. They want my class schedule and office hours now, and I do to but I don't have that yet and will not until at least the first of next week when all the classes have met and made or not. 

The three classes that have not made is a new record for me. That puts me under the gun. I am thinking I will try to bride some students to change sections because the school does not add my total number of students and see if I am profitable. They look at each class and if it does not have the requisite number of students, they poor kids get thrown out on their ear, and I don't get paid. 

Lovely.

It's always this way. Besides that, I am looking for a book that I can't find and from which I need to make a gazillion copies. Then there is the extra burden of working until 4:00 o'clock today and tomorrow. Tough. That puts my training program under strain for two more day. I need to run long today, but I have to work late then Penny and I are attending another eating. Great, just in time to get fat. Other than that, things are going swimmingly. See what I did there? I know this sounds like I'm complaining, but I am. Sometimes I feel the need to vent a little bit. Thanks for listening, or reading, depending on which version you received.

No comments:

Post a Comment