Thursday, August 8, 2019

What Follows Three?

Two usually follows three, but not this time. This week has been different, extreme. Well, not extreme, but I have been training hard. Monday I did four workouts, Tuesday three, and Wednesday?

I started with a swim. It went like this:

1,000
8 X 50 medium paddles @ 1:16
total: 1,400 long course meters

I decided to run before it got too hot. Earlier in the week, the forecast had been for a high temperature of 96 for Wednesday. The last time I checked, however, that had been adjusted downward to 93. That's still pretty hot so I shuffled an unpleasant 2.71 miles before lunch.

In the afternoon, I went to Plate City to finish putting together the new machine and to work out. I'll tell you about the new equipment in another post. It's a dandy. I worked legs, not hard, but I got hot, had to sit a lot, and my heart rate was going crazy. I suffered out there. I thought, I have been working out in the heat all summer. Now I am dying. I went inside and checked my phone. It was 95 degrees. Not wonder. Those two degrees are huge especially when the humidity is above fifty percent.

So what follows three? This week, three follows three. What a training cycle. I woke up this morning the lightest I have been in about three years. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment