Sunday, August 11, 2019

New Equipment (Rev Hyper)



My apologies for the sideways video. I shot it with a cell phone and loaded it onto YouTube. Formerly we were able to turn videos, but they are always changing things and not necessarily for the better. If a video can be rotated on YouTube now, I am not smart enough to figure it out.

Plate City has seen a plethora of upgrades over the past year. It has gone from a good gym to a great gym. It is no doubt the best backyard gym in the world. The newest addition is a reverse hyper machine. I purchased it from Titan, and it promptly came with no instructions. I unpacked, scratched my head, and figured a couple of things out. Then I consulted photographs on the internet and that helped with a couple of more parts. Then I texted the company and asked for help. Within a day they sent me a link to instructions. Yeehaa.

By the third day, I used the machine for the first time. I took two reps, hear that? two reps for me to feel my gluteous maximus muscles working. My glutes, as the body part is often called, are nearly nonexistent on my underdeveloped body, and I have never been able to get the sore unless a feel hard on my butt. That all changed with the reverse hyper machine.

This piece of equipment is designed to decompress the spine, and develop flexibility and strength in the hamstrings, the glutes, and the low back muscles. The machine works well. What do I think it will do for me?

I think it should make me a better runner, have a sounder body, and it may impact my swimming a little bit. As far as the swimming goes, having a tight torso is part of maintaining good body position in the water. Concerning a sound body, a healthy back is pretty much needed for continued mobility and a happy life as one becomes aged. And for the running part, the posterior chain, all those muscles mentioned above, are the prime movers in walking, running, and jumping. So to have these muscles stronger and more conditioned cannot do anything but help my pitiful running.

Only time will tell if the machine is worth my investment in it. But thus far I am using the equipment, enjoying it, and expect to reap some benefits from it. I do not mind spending money for toys that I can use to exercise. I had rather spend it on equipment than on medicine, and by the grace of God, I am on no medicine at all. That is maybe rare for someone my age.

Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment