Wednesday, August 7, 2019

What Follows Four?

Normally two follows three, but what follows four?

I'm speaking of my workouts. Although it is not a necessity, a three-workout day for me has always been followed by a two-workout day. Monday I did four workouts. What comes on Tuesday?

What came was three sessions of exercise, all of them enjoyable. Well, mostly so. The day started at the pool where John was a no show. I stroked

2,100 47:36 (2:15)
200 for time 3:34.28 (1:46)
300 easy with small paddles
150 for time 2:38.69 (1:45)
250 easy with 200 small paddles
100 for time 1:41.61
100 medium paddles
total: 3,200 long course meters

As strange as it may sound, that is my longest practice since the Chicot Challenge. Boom.

Workout number two was a pull session at Plate City where between sets I was putting together a new piece of equipment. I was as excited as a kid at Christmas. I will tell about the new stuff later.

Workout three was a run in the heat. It hit 93, and I think that is as hot as I have run in this summer. Last week, I did my long run out Money Road where there is no shade. But it was 86, hot, but doable. At 93 I could not run miles and miles in the sun so I zagged and zigged around neighborhood streets shuffling from shade to shade, and I stayed alive but far from cool. I did 8.21 before I tapped out. That was all I wanted in that kind of heat.

So there you have it, three solid workouts following a record setting four-workout day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment