Thursday, August 15, 2019

Third Day Back at Work

This working 8:00 to 5:00 is tough. I am worn out and have little time for training. However, I managed to not get up Wednesday morning to swim. John called, said it was lightning, said he was out and gong back to bed. I went back to sleep. 

At noon I went out for a run on tired legs. I shuffled 2.32 miles and sweated for 50 minutes afterwards. 

After work, I hit Plate City for some leg work and some upper body pulling. On the pullup, I did three sets of three and then three singles with eleven pounds around my neck. I have never done weighted pullups until recently, and there is no doubt that they are making me stronger on that move. Of course, I am losing a little adipose tissue at the same time so that helps some. I'm coming back on that move, a move I used to do lots of reps on. I never was able to knock off a bunch of reps without stopping, but I would do lots of sets. I am headed back that way, and I am headed for unbroken reps also.

I did my coaching at the little pool starting at 7:45 p.m., and since I had not swum, I dipped after my last swimmers left. I only did 1,200 yards, but that is better than a poke in the eye. 

Now I face another long day, full of heat, and packed with activities. How will I handle things? And I have to work Friday so no big numbers there because Penny wants to go out to eat at 5:00 o'clock. So I can only workout before work and at lunch. 

Sigh.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment