Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Start of the Week

I didn't get up. Early. To swim.

When I awoke, I heard the rain falling outside so I went back to sleep. It's not that I don't like swimming in the rain. That is great, but I didn't want to take the time to figure out if it was lightning or not.

I had lots of time in the afternoon. Somehow I managed to waste most of it. I went to Plate City at 4:30. It was push day. On the bench I pressed

13 X 100
4 X 120
5 X 140
3 X 150
2 X 156
missed 161
1 X 156
1 X 156

I only benched one time last week so I was not surprised that I missed at 161. From the past, I have learned that if I only do a lift one time in a week, at best I stay the same. Usually I get weaker.

I went up on the first set by one rep because thirteen is just a better warm up. I also went up on the 140 set because that weight has long been a bench mark for me. The more reps I can do at 140, the better I swim. I'm not sure if those two extra reps fatigued me or not. Probably not. But I thought I was strong enough for the 161. I'll get it next week.

I went inside, took protein, and got ready for my run. I shuffled 3.12 miles with one pickup. This pathetically slow pace is starting to irritate me.

So it wasn't a three workout day, but still a good one. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment