Friday, August 30, 2019

The Start of the Weekend

I love my job. For me, the weekend starts at 12:05 on Thursday. 
Every. Blessed. Week. 

How about that, Sheila? I wrote a different opening sentence.

I called John about 5:30 a.m. to wake him so we could swim together. He didn't answer. I rolled over and went back to sleep. I was that tired, and the weekend was about to start offering me more time to get the workouts in.

After work and after a nap, I took a shuffle. I cooled down from the shuffle then mowed the front lawn. The grass has grown more this year than any year I have been mowing, and that is about fifty or fifty-one years. Usually it has slowed enough by now that once a week is enough. Now once a week is not enough but that's all my lawn is getting and all it is going to get. I yearn for the time when I can go a week and a half and not choke my mower down.

So I cooled down for the second time and then went to Plate City where I did benches for the second time this week. That means I should be stronger on my next workout. I pressed 

16 X 100
3 X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain
X 120 plus one chain

Decline bench press

10 X 100

Incline dumbbell bench press

6 X 35

Triceps push down

22 X 30
30 X 27.5
32 X 25

Swim Pull

26 X 30

That was a pretty decent effort. I went inside, consumed some protein, and took a bath. Swimming could wait until tomorrow.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment