Thursday, August 29, 2019

Wacked Wednesday

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 6:00 a.m., but when I went to move Penny's truck, which was blocking me in, it wouldn't crank. Super.

This happens from time to time. It happens so often that I keep an extension cord on the front porch. I hooked the cord up and got the battery charger out and set the thing to charging. Then I called John and told him I would not be at the pool. He was still at home apparently planning to be late. He is so full of surprises.

No swim in the morning means I did my first workout after I got home from school. I shuffled 2.66 miles on legs tired from the 12.27 the day before. After a little cool off, I hit Plate City for some leg work, mostly squats but I did other things as well such as drag the sled, hit the reverse hyper, and do some leg curls. Then I took nutrition and rested.

Wednesday is the day I do my swim coaching. The boys come in at 7:45. I hit them with swimming but no drills. They set a high mark of 750 yards, the most they have done under me. Brad comes in around 8:20. He used to come with his son, Jacob, but Jacob is gone off the Mississippi State. I swam with Brad. We worked a couple of drills and flip turns. Brad also did 750 yards. 

So despite not getting up early, I still managed to do three workouts. None of them were really strenuous. In the water I put in 1,350 yards. But I am still making deposits in the endurance bank. Thank you, Jesus, for a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment