Saturday, August 10, 2019

Follows Three

Some week. Maybe it's desperation. I start back to work Monday. I feel like the summer began yesterday, and I am just now hitting my stride. Metaphorically hitting my stride, on the road it's a mere shuffle. 

Friday started with a swim where I stroked

1,200 27:43 (2:06)
5 X 100 @ 2:15 swim, sp, mp, lp, mp
400 small paddles 
total: 2,100 long course meters

I shuffled 5.22 miles with some multi pacing. The pickups were slow but less slow than the pedestrian pace I have settled into of late. I have not done any "fast" running in several weeks because I pulled a hamstring a few months back and it irritated me for months. Faster running bothered it so I stopped runner quicker. The hammy is just now getting well although I sill don't trust it.

When I went to Plate City, it was with a little bit of dread. I have always liked the heat, but after swimming, running, lifting, and yard mowing in it for the past three months, I am mentally and physically exhausted with the heat. In the past, I have felt this way usually beginning in August. People usually think of August as the hottest month. Technically it is not: July is. But if other people are like me, they are worn down by the heat by August, and the first two weeks of the eight month usually are the most brutal of the year and 2019 has been no exception. In short, I am ready for some cooler weather. At the gym, I did back work including pullups. I can now do three straight, and the weighted ones are up to ten pounds.

So it was another three-workout day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment