Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Three of Four?

I'm not sure. I'll let you decide if I did three or four workouts I did yesterday. 

I started the day at the pool where I swam

2,000
4 X 50 small paddles
total: 2,200 long course meters

That wasn't a big swim, but at least I got started for what I hoped and did in fact turn out to be a big workout day. Next, I went to Plate City and hit the bench press for 

11 X 95
6 X 120
4 X 140
2 X 145
2 X 150
1 X 150

Incline dumbbell bench press

14 X 35

Decline bench press

10 X 105

Triceps push down

41 X 20 (before benches)
22 X 25 (after benches)
20 X 30

I liked doing more tri push downs. I felt like for the first time ever that I really worked that muscle. For me, I rely on my pecs for the bench. I think if I keep the extra tri work up, my bench will rise. I hope by mid-September to hit a PR on that move.

I did some other stuff, but that was the heart of it. 

Forrest got some comp time for working extra at Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous. We left Greenwood a little before 4:00 p.m. and went to Money and rode 19 miles. I felt a lot stronger than last week. The 62 miles seems to have given me a bit of a tune up.

Now here is where the question arise. We drove back to his house and ran. Is that a fourth workout or a continuation of the third? For it to be a brick, you are supposed to run within five minutes of cycling. I don't know who made that rule, but it makes some sense. It was about twenty minutes between the time we rode and when we started running. OK, I changed my mind. I am not going to let you decide. I just decided that it was four workouts. We shuffled 3.15 miles. 

What a day. Four workouts. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment