Friday, August 23, 2019

Finally, Thursday is Friday

I told one of my classes Thursday that they got Fridays off because of me. Really it's because of God. God blessed me with Fridays off, and they benefit also. 

We worked last Friday, and I must have heard everyone at the Greenwood Center how good it was to be off this week. When someone steals a blessing of God, it is not a good thing, not an enjoyable thing.

I met John at the pool early Thursday morning, and I swam like I didn't want to be there. I am beginning to worry about myself. Swimming hasn't excited me for a while now. I did

1,000 in 25:10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so slow that it makes me think about going to the doctor and asking for some sort of tests. What's wrong with me? Then I swam

14 X 50 @ 1:21

A 1:21 interval used to mean it was a speed set. I swam that when I wanted to focus on quality, on getting faster. The long rest meant I could hit the next 50 hard. Now it is my go to lazy set. I swim it because I can leisurely make my way to the other pool and then hang out on the wall a long time, stall. I keep thinking that I am just going through a physical valley and it will pass. But I have been here since Chicot and the valley just keeps getting deeper, my swim times slower, and my desire to hit the water evaporates.

After work, I ran some errands I had not had time to run for a couple of weeks. Then back home, I turned on the TV and sat on the couch. I watched the Paul Finebaum Show. I channel surfed. I petted CC. I took a nap. What I did not do was run or lift weights. 

I'm doing a mini taper for Saturday's Dragonfly Triathlon which I am doing for fun and for a workout. So why taper at all? I am tapering some because my body needs it. Maybe that's what's wrong with me in the pool. Maybe.

My running has also suffered. There has been no shortage of desire to run, but my pace gets slower and slower and slower. I tell myself it is not real, but who am I kidding? I remind myself of how I ran the Viking 5K and that that pace will come back when it counts. We might find out about that Saturday. We will certainly find out at the 300 Oaks. That is where it will count again. That is a race I want to do well in. 

Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment